Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Can you believe it?!

Coming all the way from a big city –suburb in Sweden, St. Vincent and the rest of the Caribbean with its untouched nature, warm climate, warm hospitable people and tourist-free surroundings this island surely is an ideal place. This also includes the small but yet challenging difficulties that goes with coming over here, such as the mosquitoes, cold shower in the morning, the seven o'clock breakfast, hard work and let’s not forget the absence of my favorite TV program… it’s all a part of the… adventure here at the Richmond Vale Academy. But then again these minor drawbacks are long forgotten when being at the beach, snorkeling among the colorful fishes, freely eating fruit from numerous different trees, hiking to the waterfalls and hanging out with the people over here.
Mmm!
Oh, by the way my name is Bob van den Eijkhof and I am, as you probably can see, Dutch from the beginning, but have been living in Sweden the last 25 years. I have been studying development, anthropology and working as a teacher… but like many other westernized restless souls I was looking for other options to break my daily routines. One day my co-worker told me about this academy and, knowing this was what I wanted, it didn’t take long until I got things into motion. I applied to the RVA (Richmond Vale Academy) already two weeks later. So now I am here studying in the Caribbean and later on doing volunteer work in Africa… wow, can you believe it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment